Imagine being able to connect to the people and data that matter most – in the places and times that traditional communications don’t always work. The GSP-1700 is the ultimate handheld portable satellite phone. Using the optional GIK-1700 installation kit, you can easily create a complete satellite phone system in your vehicle or vessel from the smallest car to the largest aircraft carrier. Antenna and cable length options were designed for ease of installation on land or sea – or simply use the phone hands-free with the optional Bluetooth module or industrial noise-canceling headset.
Enjoy crystal-clear voice quality. Whisper and be heard with CDMA digital voice quality. Fast data speeds at 9.6 Kbps. Position Location Services – get your Latitude and Longitude directly from your Globalstar Phone. Enjoy locally based phone numbers where available.
- Backlit color display with 4-line, 12 character LCD
- Volume, signal and battery strength indicators
- Illuminated keypad
- User-configurable display color scheme
- Any Key Answer
- Easy access to SMS and voicemail, with user configurable “new message” alert
- Standard International Dialing (“+” prefix)
- Mailbox for voice, numeric and text messages
- User configurable ringtones (8)
- Side volume keys
- 2.5 mm headset connector
- 99 entry internal address book, with ability to hide numbers in secret memory
- Call history log retains received, missed and dialed calls
- User-configurable call timers and available “minute alert” to manage costs
- Keypad lock and security lock code for additional security
- USB data cable (port speed up to 38,400 bps)
- Supports direct TCP/IP and asynchronous modem communications
- Express Data provides up to 28kbps throughput (Uncompressed speed 9600bps)
- Send emails, surf internet, transfer files easily and quickly
H:5.3″ x W:2.2″ x D:1.5″
(13.5 x 5.5 x 3.7 cm)
-20°C to +55°C (-4°F to +131°F)
-40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
Terms & Conditions
- 12 month term applies
- Inbound SMS included in all plans
- Voice calls within Home Zone will be billed first minute then 30 second increments
- Roaming and Long Distance Calls (outside of Home Zone) will be billed first minute then 60 second increments
- Data calls will be included and billed in 15 second increments
- Subscriptions on the same annual plan and the same account will have the minutes pooled.
- Unused airtime will not be rolled over to the next billing cycle.