A GPS monitoring solution is the most efficient way to track the progress of multiple vessels to minimize risk, predict operating costs and to effortlessly obtain digital records. These tools provide fleet managers with the data they need to make informed decisions to improve efficiency.
- Snapshot view of individual vessels or an entire fleet
- Daily status reporting of precise asset locations
- Interactive map and reporting program tools
- Collects and compiles a digital database of records
Improving Logistics to Increase Operating Efficiency
As fleets grow in size, it can be difficult to coordinate the efforts of multiple vessels and employees simultaneously. A Fleet Monitoring System acts as a database of records, compiling the operating efforts of that day. A fleet manager would have access to valuable information such as which vessels are currently deployed and a near real-time view of their precise location. This allows for better allocation of time and resources through improved decision making.
The Power of Data Mining
An additional advantage to a Fleet Monitoring System is a manager’s ability to capture valuable data points without leaving the office. A vessel that is not operational is not making money, but foregoing maintenance possess additional risks. By viewing all vessels and their time in operation in one place, scheduled downtime can be projected long before being needed.
An array of reporting sensors can be installed to provide further details of the vessel’s condition. These sensors send notifications directly to a registered list of recipients for action.
Custom Solutions for Your Business’s Unique Needs
A secure web-portal enables information to be shared on an as-needed basis with granted by permission based access. For example:
- Individual operators are given accesses to view information briefings on speed, distance and time in operation of their designated vessel.
- Managers responsible for sections of an entire fleet would be a given access to vessels reporting directly to them.
- A master list of the entire fleet controls the accessible information of each district, fleet manager, or individual operator.
Auditable Trail of Records
Remote workers are challenged with demonstrating the completion of their assigned task. While fleet managers have limited opportunity to verify the work was completed, without directly contacting or visiting their operators. Both are resolved through the use of digital records made possible by a Fleet Monitoring System. Visually plotted on an interactive map, time-stamps are recorded for each point along a vessel’s travel path.